This APLS full provider course provides the knowledge and skills necessary for recognition and effective treatment and stabilisation of children with life threatening emergencies, using a structured, sequential approach.
This course is endorsed and recognised by many professional bodies such as the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, Royal College of Anaesthetists, the Royal College of Emergency Medicine and the Royal College of Nursing.
Who is the course for?
Any healthcare professional who assesses or treats sick babies or children.
Applicants must have active registration with the GMC, NMC or HCPC.
Prior qualifications, training or experience required
Paediatric Basic Life Support is recommended.
Method of course delivery
APLS course is 1 day of online e-learning modules PLUS 2 days of face-to-face training.
If you have already completed a course and after 4 years want to recertify, you have two choices:
- Undertake the full 3 day provider course again (1 day VLE + 2 days F2F training).
- Undertake the shortened 2 day recertification course (1 day VLE + 1 day F2F).
APLS Assessment and Certification
Those who successfully complete this course will be awarded a Provider Certificate by the accrediting body, the Advanced Life Support Group (ALSG). This is valid for 4 years and the certificate is recognised worldwide, in every ALSG approved country.
Those who are recognised on this course as having qualities associated with a good teacher, may be nominated for instructorship.
1-day online modular education through VLE
- Structured approach
- Human factors
- Recognition of seriously ill child
- Child with breathing difficulties
- Child in shock
- Abnormal pulse rate or rhythm
- Decreased conscious level
- Convulsing child
- Seriously injured child
- Chest injury
- Abdominal injury
- Head injury
- Injury to the spine
- Burns and scalds
- Cardiac arrest
- Stabilisation and transfer
2-day face-to-face course with lectures, skills, simulations, demonstrations
- Welcome, aims & setting the scene
Demonstrations & interactive sessions
- Assessing & managing the serious ill child
- Structured approach to the seriously injured child
- Cardiac simulation & skills
Skill & simulation sessions
- Serious illness simulation & skills
- Serious injury simulation & skills
- Cardiac simulation and skills including review and continual assessment
Booking is easy as we accept online applications and payments.
If you would like to book a course, you can simply click on the desired course date and you will be taken to our online registration form.
If you have any concerns regarding our centre’s position statement on Coronavirus (COVID 19), please email at email@example.com.
When making your online application please pay particular attention to the following:
- Which dates you are hoping to attend
- Your postal address
- Do you require accommodation? If so, please state:
i. Check-in and check-out dates.
ii. What time you plan to arrive on the first evening.
iii. Are you planning to bring anyone else (e.g. a partner or children)?
iv. Do you need an accessible room (for those with disabilities or special physical needs)?
- Do you have any special dietary needs? If so, please state clearly what they are.
- Do you have any special physical needs? If so, please state clearly what they are.
Once the form is submitted, the organising team will review the form and approve/reject the application. If the application is approved, you will receive an email confirming the approved status of the application.
Cost of APLS ( 1 day of online e-learning modules PLUS 2 days of face-to-face training)
*Delegates residing within CSTC’s catchment area (Greater Glasgow) may be eligible for a community discount on their course fee (up to 10%)
Available Dates (Please click on the course date to continue the booking):
APLS 11-12 September 2021
Instructor Candidate (IC)/Full Instructor(FI):
If you are interested to teach one of the courses above, please go to the link below to apply online as an instructor:
Click here to apply online
The courses are held at the following location:
34 Gairbraid Avenue, Glasgow G20 8YE
Click here for venue details