Adult First Aid: CPR & choking
Would you know how to deliver emergency First Aid if somebody starts to choke or stop breathing?
Delivered by a very highly qualified and experienced healthcare professional, those attending this First Aid course will gain the confidence and hands-on skills needed to prevent somebody from becoming seriously unwell and to potentially save their life.
*Central Scotland is also offering a FREE 1-day e-learning theory course ‘Adult and Paediatric Basic Life Support’. The e-learning can be undertaken in your own time at your convenience and will ensure maximum learning is achieved at the workshop.
This workshop is open to any member of the public who would like to learn Emergency First Aid for adults and Basic Life Support. However, Central Scotland Training centre recommends that delegates undertake the ‘Adult and Paediatric Basic Life Support’ 1-day e-learning course’ training before the workshop (available for FREE to workshop delegates)
Method of course delivery
2-hour session of practical First Aid and Basic Life Support skills learning.
Assesment and certification
Delegates are assessed by the trainers and those who successfully complete our First Aid workshop will receive a certificate.
You will learn how to:
- Assess a situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively.
- Recognise the signs and respond to a person who is either choking or appear to be lifeless
- Initiate an appropriate emergency response
- To practically remove obstructions from a person’s airway
- Provide appropriate support and encouragement of somebody who is effectively coughing
- Dislodge foreign bodies
- The correct choking management sequence
- Provide basic airway management, to make breathing easier.
- Initiate and maintain effective breathing to maintain oxygen delivery to the person’s brain and other vital organs
- Initiate and maintain effective chest compressions, to support the work of the heart and supply blood to the body to sustain life to a person who is lifeless.
- Apply the correct ratio of chest compressions to rescue breaths
- Correctly put the person into the recovery position, once signs of life return
Booking is easy as we accept online applications and payments.
If you would like to book a course, you can simply click on the desired course date and you will be taken to our online registration form.
Please note that spaces are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
When making your online application please pay particular attention to the following:
- Which dates you are hoping to attend
- Do you have any special physical needs? If so, please state clearly what they are.
Once the form is submitted, the organising team will review the form and approve/reject the application. After the application is approved, you will receive an email confirming the approved status of the application.
The cost of BLS (2-hours training session)
Please click on the course date to continue the booking:
Please get in touch at 0141 387 1079 or email@example.com to ask for availability.
The courses are held at the following location:
Central Scotland Training Centre
1455 Maryhill Road, Glasgow G20 9AA, First Floor
Click here for venue details