Adult and Paediatric Basic Life Support
Did you know that early resuscitation can improve survival rates by up to 60%?
This online course is for anybody, trained or untrained, who wishes to feel more confident in dealing with a collapsed adult or child. Please note that the online course does not qualify its users to carry out either of these tasks without further practical training.
This workshop is open to any member of the public who would like to learn the basic Emergency First Aid principles for both adult and child.
Method of course delivery
Online modules of First Aid and Basic Life Support learning.
Assesment and certification
This is an accredited CPD course, which includes an assessment and printable accredited CPD certificate on successful completion. The accredited certificate is sent to you immediately after you complete the final multiple choice assessment.
You will learn how to:
- Know how to assess the collapsed victim
- Learn how to perform chest compression and rescue breathing
- Know how to deal with a person who is choking
- Be able to place an unconscious person in the recovery position
- Understand your legal obligations under the first aid regulations
- The correct choking management sequence
- Provide basic airway management, to make breathing easier.
- Initiate and maintain effective breathing to maintain oxygen delivery to the person’s brain and other vital organs
- Initiate and maintain effective chest compressions, to support the work of the heart and supply blood to the body to sustain life to a person who is lifeless.
- Apply the correct ratio of chest compressions to rescue breaths
- Correctly put the person into the recovery position, once signs of life return
Booking is easy as we accept online applications and payments.
Our accredited e-learning courses for the general public are delivered in partnership with Abertay Training.
If you would like to book a course, you can simply click “Book now” and you will be taken to Abertay Training website to complete the booking.
The cost of BLS (2-hours training session)
Please click “Book now” to continue the booking.
The courses are held at the following location:
Central Scotland Training Centre
1455 Maryhill Road, Glasgow G20 9AA, First Floor
Click here for venue details